Thursday, November 25, 2010

What makes a woman smile...

Smile. 

It is contagious... 

It is the little things that make us ladies smile with sincerity. I actually remember watching a movie where the male lead quoted his lass's 7 smiles. 

Last night I was actually in awe of how special one of my mates made me feel. We are mates. There are no leads to a possible relationship but it strikes me how your friends can make you feel like the most special person in the world. It was these qualities that I want to share with the male specimen around the globe. Embed this in your character and you may get positive attention from the lady you fancy.  Here is a simple story. See the small gestures and understand that I felt like royalty:)

I am driving, taking him home from church. We decide that we'll have tea at his place. He then asks to quickly stop at the petrol station. We stop. He buys cookies and milk...

We get to his place and he waits for me to catch up with him before walking to his gate. Inside he introduces me to his roomies and then offers me a tour of the house. Each room has a story and he tells me about his family and his rugby hero's. So natural. There was no force flirting or intentions. 

He then makes everyone tea and one of my girl mates, that was also there, said that you are supposed to put the sugar in after the marinating process is complete. He takes the criticism, smiles, empties her cup and starts again.

We all commuted around a table, spoke and occasionally exploded into random song. I then had to go. He walked me to my car. Made sure I was safe. He even stayed outside until drove off.

Excuse me as I vent for a second, but it makes me so angry that certain husbands cannot even treat their wives as well as my friend treated me. 

Men who are still looking for a relationship, please start treating your prospectus with respect. People try so hard to flirt. Intentions will come out naturally but if you suffocate a woman with pick-up-lines and deep stares; really you are making it easier for her to see the negative in you. 

I have a few male friends that are worth honoring by name as they have sewn good manners into their being. You can do it too. I have not mentioned your name so if you feel offended maybe look at yourself for a minute and consider change. 

Our world has lost the 'old school' culture. It starts with you. Please bring it back. 

Every girl deserves to smile like a princess.   

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, human relationships, especially those between men and women, complex topic it is. There are differences between males and females, we have different dominant hormones after all. However, those differences are most pronounced in the more primitive individuals, who give little time and mental effort to think in these respects, to self-analyze, to ponder and realize some of those fundamentals. So, the more a person realizes about the nature of us humans, our behavior, workings and everything, the more conscious one's own behavior becomes and the more those sex-related differences retard to the lower levels of one's perceptions of others. Thus, most sexist are those men who are primitive and very basic, even if they have a university degree, and they are the ones who stereotype and use idiotic flirting techniques the most.

    Therefore, you just ignore such men who tend to stereotype men and women often and exert sexist behavior. Unless you want to have a role of the inferior partner in a relationship..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you for that:) The way you write... It is truly inspiring:)

    It is my mission to inform those 'primitive' and 'basic' men on how to uplift the feminine species.

    I definitely do not want to be inferior. I also would largely advise all women to be secure in their individuality. We should be seen as equals. Once we are respected and loved, it makes it easier and us more willing to submit.

    ReplyDelete