Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Piercing screams and bottled fear stained the air at The Gorge. My mother drove us to some hole in Kokstad where she planned to settle a truce with her fear of height. Apparently this fear is contagious, as upon arrival no one volunteered to accompany her on her quest. I was almost finished with my December copy of SA RUGBY so there was honestly nothing better for me to do. Apart from that, I am an adrenaline junkie.
It is the highest natural abseiling point in South Africa so I can understand why as soon as we were set up to go that everyone in our group chickened out. There were only three of us deranged species left: My mother, myself and a skinny Indian kid with Wednesday Legs and glasses: The formidable team.
They then told us that we have to go one at a time. My mother gave me this look which had me volunteering immediately.
I got to the bottom and rock climbed to the waterfall where I just lay on a giant rock waiting for the others to come- and that is where I thought about how easy it is to forget to acknowledge the natural beauty.
In a relationship, there are little things that make you crazy for a person but when you see them every day; they become mundane beauties. Try think to some of the things that are natural and genuine. Take time to absorb them and do not be afraid to acknowledge beauty if it’s thereJ
No comments:
Post a Comment