Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Love potions...

So there's been a little surprise thrown into this glorious world of blogging...and that's me! A guest blogger who will be gracing the pages of Margi's blog for a few days while your favourite blogger is soaking up some much needed rest and getting inspiration for another one of her smashing posts ...lets hope I don't mess it up too much! so SURPRISE! Guess you didn't see that one coming hey!

There were only a few rules I were given, one was to be funny (um ok I'll try), and of course ,as you are well aware of, is to babble on a bit about love and dating and all that that pot of gold holds. Lets hope it won't dissapear like the imaginary ones do at the end of a rainbow. With the ugly leprachan next to it. Ok im getting carried away slightly, enough of little Irish men and illusionary glory. Today's topic of discussion is none other than....dum dum dum....MAGIC!

ghasp! Horror! magic??? AM i suggesting love potions to lure your valentine into becoming your hopelessly devoted other half? No no of course not. That only happens in movies. Harry Potter to be precise. Over the last two days I have achieved the incredible feat of watching all 6 movies. yes close your mouth for goodness sake I know i'm brilliant sometimes. And you know what the incredible achievement actually is? I can only remember the love scenes in the series that is FULL of the swishing of wands and rather complicated words.

Harry Potter is completely secondary to the love story of Hermione and Ron. Some really classic moments of brilliance there that we ought to learn from. And no this doesn't only apply to lanky redheads and fiery blondes. It's about best friends who in the end decide for something more. Sounds like a lot of people I know actually. Maybe because it is a winning formual??? Or is it because that they became to lazy to look for someone else?? I"m leaning towards to the former... Even through all those awkard moments of realisation (which were hilarious) they stuck to their guns (or wands) and pushed through. And were rewarded the biggest pot of gold in the end, eachother. Friends for life, two beings that understand eachother so intimately that words do not need to pass between them. And I think that this is possibly the best result of a friendship. Not that I'm telling you all to frantically question every friendship you have with the opposite sex and suddenly become all weird towards them. No! Stop! Enjoy their company. And if it turns into something else well then consider yourself a lucky person.

No comments:

Post a Comment